Do I have to pay taxes on my ZooShare bond(s)?

Yes: you must pay tax every year on the interest income received. Interest income is reported to you on a T5 slip, “Statement of Investment Income” each February and should be reported on your annual tax return.  If you are the primary owner of the bond (the name listed on the bond) you pay taxes on the earnings each year.  If you purchased a bond as a gift for someone else (such as a child/grandchild), that person has to pay taxes on the earnings each year.

Bookmark the permalink.