Join us on Tuesday, September 26 for an exclusive tour of Canada’s first zoo-based biogas plant.
You teach all about renewable energy…. now come see what it looks like – and smells like – in person!
Located next to the Toronto Zoo, the ZooShare Biogas Plant processes “zoo poo” and other food waste to produce clean electricity. Starting this fall, tours of this unique facility will be available for school groups, grades 1-12.
Come learn how the biogas process works while enjoying barrier-free access to the site. Peek inside the two-million-liter digester, and then climb to the roof for a bird’s-eye view. Witness renewable electricity, sustainability, and STEM brought to life in this one-of-a-kind tour!
Date: Tuesday September 26, 2023
Tour Times: Drop-in between 4:30 and 6:30pm
Each tour lasts approximately 30 minutes
Location: ZooShare Biogas Plant
1749a Meadowvale Road
Located on the east side of Meadowvale Road, across from the Toronto Zoo parking lot
Parking: free (in the large lot just outside the gate of the biogas plant)
- This event is for teachers, teacher candidates and other educators only
- Limit of 1 entry per teacher
- Does not include access to the Toronto Zoo
- All visitors will be required to sign a waiver before beginning the tour
- Sturdy shoes and weather-appropriate clothing are recommended
For questions or additional information, please contact email@example.com